Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wednesday, July 6

To read this morning's office, click here. [My reflection is from the Wednesday, nearest to July 6, selection, and the online link seems to be from next week's readings.]

This morning, as I say the Morning Office, when I read The Greeting's words, my mind is drawn to a pastor's friend whose adult daughter was in a bicycle accident. The medical team wonders if it was an aneurysm that led to her accident, and further tests are being taken. The family, as I can only imagine, is greatly unnerved and wondering and waiting and trusting in God.

"O Lord my God, I cried out to you, and you restored me to health." Our Refrain is perfect today: "May you," I pray for her, "be blessed by the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth."

We carry around all the time these burdens of life, vexations for others and worries about what may happen and requests for so many, and the reason we do is because we know the Lord can bless, with one Word, with one stroke, and with one act of mercy. We do so because our faith is in the Lord who created and makes.

May you, too, pray for Lori and her family. May we all learn that those whom we carry to the Lord in prayer are those who need God's blessing. Carrying such requests to God may not end our anxiety (for we are anxious, I say to myself, because we care) but it a blessing just to know that God cares and that we can go to the Lord our maker.